gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

2017 forest River sandpiper select 32 qbbs it has a 50 amp

Customer Question

2017 forest River sandpiper select 32 qbbs it has a 50 amp service and ran the a/c for the first time on 30amp service and the a/c ran for about an hr and E1 code came up on the dometic thermostat and it stopped for a bit then came on for a few seconds then shut off and did that about 4 times before it shut off and hasn't come back on. Any thoughts
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

E1 is a communication fault. On a 30 amp service you can exceed the available power pretty quickly. Which thermostat do you have? And when you use an adapter, you lose about half of your AC service. Get back to me with this information and I can help you sort this out. A small digital multimeter is very helpful for this sort of thing. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use.