Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2012/3 Phaeton, my drivers side mirror is very

Customer Question

I have a 2012/3 Phaeton, my drivers side mirror is very loose. More specific the entire head of the mirror swivels loosely from left to right. How do I secure or tighten this mirror.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the long delay I was thinking you had Velvac mirrors if that is the case you will have caps on the base that you remove and there are hex screws that you can loosen to adjust the mirror and when you tighten them up it locks the mirror in place, click HERE and have a look, if that does not look like yours let me know, they have a few styles... Hope this helps some... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Robert, thanks..but my left side mirror is different. There are No visible outside screw ports or adjustment screws behind the small removal plates on the mirror. Do you have a diagram for a newer style mirror?
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK..

Click HERE and see if you can spot your mirror, they have tech info for most.... I was really thinking you had the 2030 mirror but I might be a year off.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Sorry I can not do a phone service at this very moment. I was hoping you would be able to spot the mirrors you had as they do have a good bit of info. I also can say that Velvac does have customer support and if you do not see your mirrors I would give them a call, they can be very helpful. Also another expert may pick up the phone call.... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sending you a picture of my mirror. This should help with diagnosis.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK...

Let me see what I can find out... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

I am not seeing anything for that style, I am going to put your question back up so other experts can respond, IF I happen to find anything out I will jump back in... Robert