peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I'm having intermittent problems with my 1990 Ford F 250 Van

Customer Question

I`m having intermittent problems with my 1990 Ford F 250 Van Motorhome,Ignition problems and fuel pump not getting current at times also the ignition not turning off when I turn off the key
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One common component that can fail and cause this type of fault here is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.If this switch is acting up intermittently internally this causes this issue with the switch itself needing replaced in most cases.If you have not had this switch tested at all this needs done to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the response,I will definitely take your advice on replacing the ignition wiring but will need any kind of link to walk me thru this process & just for responding to me you have my vote & deserve a tip for your help-I am a long time member of just answer but I also know this is not a slam dunk easy to answer question--Thank you for your help & advice with this difficult problem that I'm having
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not show or have the wiring diagram info on this model here myself and I apologize for that.You would want to disconnect the battery and inspect the wiring for issues then inspect the wiring to see how it is removed to be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete