Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

My onan generator quite putting out electricTy : Keeps

Customer Question

My onan generator quite putting out electricTy
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Keeps kicking the circuit breaker A n a flash comes from the coils in side the gen.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe but n I am willing to pay for service
JA: OK! The RV Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: It's a onan gender 4000
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

If you are seeing an electrical flash from inside the generator, then you need to take this to an Onan Service Center and have it checked and repaired. This is not a DIY repair here. Not the answer you hoped for, but this needs to be done by a professional.