Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

My refrigerator tries to start in gas or electric mode and

Customer Question

My refrigerator tries to start in gas or electric mode and both ways kicks off in 3 minutes or so. It work fine, put it in storage for 3 months and now it doesn't work.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Does the display go blank or is there an error code? Are you plugged into shore power or not?

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Did you have the batteries and cables serviced since then?

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I am attaching the Dometic Service Manual which is used for this model. Print out a copy so you have it. This is what we will use and refer to if we need to do some trouble shooting here. A small digital multimeter is very helpful as well as we need to determine the actual DC input voltage to the control board. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. All follow ups in the Q&A here are included in the question fee. No time limit.,%20RM1350.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Code E0 and plugged in to shore power.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

See page 40 for an explanation of the Error code faults. "E0" is a communication fault. That is usually just a plug or cable on the control board that has a dirty connection and that can be due to condensation. Open up the outside inspection panel and remove the cover off the board. Turn the fridge off and then unplug each lead on the board, one at a time and put them back again as you inspect them for any signs of corrosion or moisture. Do this on all of them. Dry any that seem damp. Inspect the wiring for any signs of mice chewing on them. This can be a big problem in some areas. Plug them back in again. Turn the fridge back on and see if it clears. If you have a meter you should check the incoming DC voltage to see if that is above 11 VDC. Lower than than can be an issue. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee.