peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I just bought a 1996 2500 daybreak motor home .. The service

Customer Question

I just bought a 1996 2500 daybreak motor home .. The service engine light keeps coming on and going off . .. The odometer only has 26500 miles ... They said they had just changed the oil on dip stick dose not look that old .. Is there a reset some place to reset the service engine light
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The check engine light has to be reset with a compatible scan tool plugged into your model that can read out the fault codes and clear them out with the scan tool to turn off the light.But if there is a fault with one of the engine or transmission components then this light will come back on again until the fault is diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue.You will need to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set then diagnosed from there to correct the issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete