gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Ac unit won't turn on when I set thermostat I hear a click

Customer Question

Ac unit won't turn on when I set thermostat I hear a click in the unit on dealing but it won't start
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We bought the trailer and it was working when we saw it this is first time I hooked up ac power to load for a trip at get it to turn on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I think it's something simple as it worked before unit has been stored for a few months I think it's something I'm doing wrong
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Setting the thermos stat don't know if there is a tripped circuit breaker
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: It's a 30 amp system on a Carson fun runner
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

What is the make of your A/C and what is the style of your thermostat? Analog slide control or digital readout? Brand would be good. Get back to me with this and I can help you track this down.