Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Rv freezer works well but the refrigerator does not.

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What is the make and model of the fridge, should be a sticker inside the door with that info, should be a Norcold or Dometic but need the model number.

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
American Domestic #RM2662
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK

IF you have a volt meter you can test the thermistor. The thermistor is inside the fridge on a back fin, the other end goes to the P-2 connector on the circuit board, the circuit board is under the outside access panel. Click HERE for a service manual and see page 11, IF you do not have a volt meter what you can do is disconnect the P-2 connector and the fridge should default to Full cooling. IF it does not get cold it is very possible the cooling unit is bad, the freezer will always get cold long before the box will. The round flue tube should be hot to the touch, the grey absorber coils should feel nice and warm, no cool spots or hot spots. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, for a blockage you would not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on BOTH sources. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know... Robert