Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have no dc voltage and according to the schematic in my

Customer Question

i have no dc voltage and according to the schematic in my manual there is a 40a breaker between battery and dc power panel...cannot locate. this is a 1997 wilderness camper
Category: RV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
same as a hurry need to leave asap
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Try looking near the battery as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery, it could be tucked on the frame, below is a picture most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip. Beyond that it could be an issue with the converter.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i checked and couldn't find the breaker there and i know it's not the converter because, plugged into 110v i do have power at the power panel....but nothing from the battery at the power panel
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

There has to be a breaker or fuse in-line if you have good battery voltage, when you are plugged in the power converter will take the AC voltage and make the DC voltage, when you unplug the converter should switch over to battery power. That breaker might be hiding on you. IF you can get me the make and model of the converter I can have a better look. Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no more suggestions????
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

The only other thing I can think of is if you had a loose connection between the battery and fuse panel, really surprised you do not have a fuse or breaker between them. IF you would like to try another expert on this please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi.... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know.... Robert