Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Air suspension wont air up.parked last night lowered jacks

Customer Question

air suspension wont air up.parked last night lowered jacks ,raised jacks this morning but bags wont air up
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: rides been fluid noticed underneath
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: air suspension wont air up,pressure is good on dash gauge
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: this happened once before , couple of years back.just stopped lowered jacks raised them then suspension aired up ok
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2000 Winnebago journey wkp 36 l
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Do you happen to have the HWH leveling? Try this start the engine, apply the foot brake, release the PARKING brake and see if the bags air up.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

IF that does not work need to find the HWH control box, inside that box are some fuses, need to check each fuse in that box, sometimes what you can do is manually air the bags up and then pull the travel fuse, and the bags would stay at that height but the problem doing that is you would have to guess at the ride height and nurse the RV along to have it looked at, if the ride height is not correct it can be a rough ride. Many times releasing the parking brake will allow the unit to default to travel mode. Robert

Follow ups are included.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you still need more help....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
tried brakes ,no luck will locate hwh box & try that
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
cant find hwh box
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK. That box will have multiple fuses in it, make sure none are blown. Beyond that I might see about calling a mobile tech to manually air the bags so you can at least travel and get to a shop. To me it sounds like the dump solenoid is not working.

I am not sure where the HWH box is located, it could be mounted to the floor passenger side dash or outside in a compartment, I might give Winnebago a call and they can tell you exact location, they do have support. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know... Robert