Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

36 la allegro open road, the stairs will not come down

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I would check all your fuses in your fuse box to start, if all the fuses look good go to the motor, you will see a connector, unplug the connector, get a charged drill battery or regular battery and some small jumper wires and jump power to the motor direct, the step should want to move in or out, if it does not move swap the jumper wires, if the step does not move bad motor, try smacking it a few times sometimes they can get moisture inside and seize up. IF the step moves when you jump power I would disconnect power going to the harness for the control box, it will be near the motor. Check for voltage on the harness going into the control box, it should have power if it has power then the control box most likely is the problem, check all the connections and grounds at the step and motor. Hope this helps some, If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know... Robert