gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

We have a screw drive single slide and it appears to have

Customer Question

We have a screw drive single slide and it appears to have shifted to one side, if we put a floor jack on the outside under the side that is pinched with a slight lift, it goes in and out fine but since ours is just a single shaft, we don't know how to adjust so it constantly trips our circuit breaker because of the extra load.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Assume it is the year of the trailer, 2001, we had a mobile mechanic come out as we thought it might be the motor and he stated the motor was fine and we needed an alignment but the wait time at all the RV places this time of year is absurd.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, my husband is very mechanically inclined and fixes almost anything.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the jack and trying to manually manipulate the slide over but it does not stay and that does not seem to help. All the forums I read about adjusting stuff are when there is a double slide mechanism.
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: No, it is in very good shape and this started suddenly. My husband has sprayed silicon spray on the exposed beam of the screw drive slide. The motor is fully encased where you can't see it and we can find absolutely no mfg marks of any kind to tell us what brand this is, our trailer is a 27' 2001 Lite Trail Harbor by R-Vision and a tow behind.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Do you know the make of the slide hardware? If not, can you attach a photo of the rail at the place it attached to the room? I can tell from that in most cases and give you some instructions on adjustments. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sent pics on the 27th. Did you get?
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

No..........when you send them to the site it takes some time. Can you attach it to your post here?

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Or e-mail them to me at my addy. ***@******.***

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Did you mail me some photos? I may have missed them if you did or perhaps they went in the spam file. I will look again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have sent them twice now via responding like this and I have sent them once directly to the email you advised me to
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Nothing from our site........I may not have seen them on my e-mail. I grt over 100 e-mails a day! Can you text them to my phone? (###) ###-####