Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The storAGE LOCK IS STUCK SHUT WITH DOOR OPEN, HOW DO I GET

Customer Question

the storAGE LOCK IS STUCK SHUT WITH DOOR OPEN, HOW DO I GET PIN TO MOVE
Category: RV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sometimes what you can doIF you can the latch or the pin between the doors, get a scribe and try to hook the pin and move it while someone is manning the door pulling with pressure, it is really difficult to do but I have been able to get something between the doors and get it to release. IF you still need help please let me know... Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the door is open but the pin is shut closed so when i try to close door it cant because lock is already in closed position
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK

So you are saying the catch or pin is inside the door and when you shut the door it can not latch? Sorry trying to have a picture of what is going on...

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the pin is in closed position and i cannot get it to open with key or screwdriver
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK

Try some penetrating oil or wd40 and a scribe and see if you can get it to come out, if not I am afraid you will have to pull the inside panel off the door to see what is going on, normally the inner panel will have rivets and after you drill them out the panel will come off and you will see the latch and handle. IF you open the door and it has a plate where the handle is would be opposite side pull that plate off and see if you can see a rod, on some the you pull the handle and it moves a rod that is attached to the latch or pin, you could try and wiggle that rod and see if it will come out, if not the panel would have to come off. IF you still need more help send me a few pictures of the door and I might have some more direction... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know...

Robert