Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I'm stumped badly. I OWN A 2004 FLEETWOOD EXPEDITION 39R.

Customer Question

I'm stumped badly. I OWN A 2004 FLEETWOOD EXPEDITION 39R. CUMMINS 300HP. HAVE 2 12 VOLT IN SERIES TO START VEHICLE. THEN MY PROBLEM STARTS. MY OWN STUPIDITY CAUSED THIS. I JUST REPLACE THE 4....6 VOLT AUXILIARY Batteries. They run the house lights frig AC's...I believe. And I believe they are wired for higher voltage and amps. I know I don't have them right. The last 6 volt has the cables on it that go up into the chassis. One goes through a ceramic fuse block. And I remember it was on the positive post. On the 4th battery there's only 1 cable on the negative. And it comes from the positive of #3 battery. Can you get me the correct diagram for me to put the cables where they belong. Also the #4 battery negative is getting very very hot. And 1 MORE THING. I'M AT A PARK HAVE A 50AMP PLUG GOING TO THE PARKS BOX WE CHECKED BOX BUT ONLY WAY IT WILL PRO VIDEO ME WITH POWER IS IF I TURN ON THE SIX AUXILIARY BATTERIES WITH THE INVERTER ON. BUT # ***** BATTERY THEN GETS HOT ON NEGATIVE POST......PLEASE HELP
RALPH BEST (###) ###-####
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

The 12 volt batteries should not be wired in series they should be parallel, meaning positive to positive and negative to negative, the 6 volt batteries would be wired in series. IT sounds like you really need to verify the battery wiring pretty sure this is a Freightliner chassis if so click HERE and have a look, that print should help you sort things out. IF that print does not look like your arrangement I would call Fleetwood with your FIN and they should be able to send you one, if you need the tech support number please let me know.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know...