Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2002 35U Adventurer with front and rear Hydraulic

Customer Question

I have a 2002 35U Adventurer with front and rear Hydraulic slides. I have a problem with my bed/wardrobe slide. The end plastic piece that slides over the ram and attaches to the ram box broke. Ordered the new part but cant figure out how to get to this ram assembly so that I can drill out the bolt stud that snapped off. This part looks to hold the ram tube. It looks like a guard/guide to the end of the inside box. (HWH part number AP19506. . The Replacement part # ***** *****)
Does the entire slide have to come out to work in this hydraulic ram assembly?
My email is***@******.*** if pictures will help.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I do not think the room needs to come out and want to say you have to get underneath the slide room and remove a panel to access one side of the cylinder, I think many years ago I worked on one in the bedroom and it was a very difficult project to get at the cylinder, access is so poor with all the hydrualic lines and other wires run in that area. What I would do if I was in your position is get a hold of Winnebago tech support and see if they have any drawings for access points or direction on getting at that. They sometimes can be helpful. IF you want to try another expert on this please let me know, another expert might have some more input in this.... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have got drawing of the unit and will attached the drawing and the part that need to be replaced. I do not know where to get access. I looked from under the motor home and the unit did not seem to have a access panel. Yes please try another expert or get the the access information.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

i will put this back up for other experts, I remember the floor plan I worked on I had to remove the batteries and then a panel behind that to access one end of the cylinder and it was not fun. Winnebago makes these HWH systems so hard to work on and each floor-plan can be a bit different. I will step out of the question and see if another expert has anything to offer on this.... I do not know when another expert will respond, they come and go daily. Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK Thank you I have one more drawing that I will attach