Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1993 gulfstream innsbruck travel trailer I can't

Customer Question

I have a 1993 gulfstream innsbruck travel trailer I can't get it to start the lights won't come on there is power in the plug any ideas
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

The lights should be 12 VDC powered and you need a good battery and good converter for that. I would start by taking a DC voltage reading AT the battery and see what that is. A good converter puts out about 13.7 VDC to the battery. If you don't see that there, go back to the load center where all the fuses and breakers are and check there on the two large battery leads. Those are usually red and white. See what you have there. IF none or less check the AC breaker that controls the converter as it may be tripped. Most converters have reverse polarity fuses IF they have been upgraded since then. IF NOT, the internal relay that allows this to switch over to battery use may be bad. That is a common problem with older Magnetek load centers. That should get you started here. Please get back to me with the results and we can go from there if needed as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need additional input from me here?