Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I'm Riley, I think my converter has gone bad, I have no

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Riley, I think my converter has gone bad, I have no fridge, a/c, or overhead lights , only wall lights , they're on 110, but not the rest of my RV. My battery has been charged, but still no A/C, Fridge or overhead lights. Help!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not really, just want a/c, and fridge, have rv mobile mechanic coming to replace/ fix , the problem , it's under warranty.
JA: OK! The RV Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: Well it's a Forest River, Puma , it's a 2015 , help it's getting hot!!?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Battery is charged but still don't have a/c or fridge...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

IF you have ALL the AC power, which is outlets, microwave, TV and are missing ALL the DC power then the converter most likely is the problem. The converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage, sometimes on the charge line from the converter to the battery will be a breaker, below is a picture IF you had one it would be 18" from the battery and would be on the frame. Most have a tiny tab that pops out when they trip.

IF it is not a breaker issue it sounds like the converter, the converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, the stand alone style can be in several areas, under the stove, fridge or even outside, if it was outside you would see aa panel with a cutout for a vent, the stand alone style will have two fuses on it.

IF it is a 2015 then I think it would be smart to have a tech. look at it as you should have a year warranty from date of purchase. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me follow ups are included. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know.... Robert