Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Can I tow a Winnebago 1700BH with my 2010 Chevy Silverado

Customer Question

Can I tow a Winnebago 1700BH with my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500? Max tongue weight = 1100 lbs with a weight distributing hitch, max trailer weight = 9500 lbs, GCWR = 1500 lbs, GAWR (for both front and rear) = 3950 lbs
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Not legally. That would be a chore even if it were within legal limits. Even some 2500's can't make this although it would be close in most cases depending on the rest of the equipment. Sorry that wasn't the answer you hoped for here. Please get back to me if you need more input or discussion on this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Randal - I misstated the gcwr - it is 15000 lbs, not 1500. According to my math, I should be able to tow this trailer. I'm assuming tongue weight of 420 lbs; what am I missing? I'm assuming empty trailer weight of 3000 lbs, max loaded weight of 3800 lbs
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Well, that kind of changes things............and yes, you can. I kind of thought that looked strange. It still will be a handful going up hills I suspect depending on the gearing. Best to have a transmission cooler if this is an automatic.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got all the input you needed or do you still need more on this?