Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Water pump not working on 2013 Forest River Vengeance

Customer Question

Category: RV
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Water not pumping...
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** would find the water pump and verify if it is running or not, many times you can hear the pump running, listen in the bathroom, and then go outside and check the outside compartments. Once you find the pump feel it and you should be able to tell. Check the voltage going into the pump. IF you have no voltage follow the wires back about 18" and check for a fuse, sometimes there is one in-line. IF the pump is running but you are getting no flow, verify that voltage if the voltage was low the pump would run but not produce water. Make sure your screens inside at the faucets are clear, the end will screw off and will have a screen inside.The other issue is if you have more then one water pump switch you will have a latching relay, all the wires from the switches go to the relay and then to the pump, sometimes that relay is near the pump.Finally if the pump is running, voltage is good, all valves in the proper position the pump could be bad. Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have already check the water levels which are good, we do not know where the fuse is because it was not marked on the fuse box. The pump light is on but can not hear the pump running and do not know where it is located on the trailer
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
OK I can't say for sure exact location, I have worked on thousands of RV's and the location is always in a different spot from year to year and model to model. Some of the more common areas would be under the bathroom sink (bottom panel comes off) or under the fridge, or outside, look for a panel that is removable, many times it is in the general area of where the city water connector is located, so start in that area, look inside from where the connector is outside and look in that area on the outside for a removable panel. IF you want to try another expert please let me know... Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have looked in several areas that you mentioned to locate the pump but still can not find it. I was unable to find a manufacture manual on line for this year model and was not provided this when we purchased our trailer. This is an issue as we can not check the things you have listed
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
OK I will put your questions up for other experts, maybe another expert will know exact location for this model, I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily, if I find out I will jump back in.... Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have a trip planned Thursday morning (the day after tomorrow). With us not being able to locate the pump we will have to take it to a service department tomorrow. Any answer by the time we can get in to the dealership would not benefit us.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
I just looked and on one model it is under the bathroom vanity and it is a chore to pull the lower panel out, you would see two lines a red and white and a larger black ABS pipe in this cabinet on the back wall, it is possible it is below that panel, the problem is each model they will move it. I have put your question back up for others... Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
let me check
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
OK.. Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is not a panel under the vanity. The layout of the trailer has the bathroom vanity located in the middle
of the trailer. (The back side of the wall with the vanity is a hallway wall that leads into a bedroom). There is only a pipe that leads to the floor for drainage and two small hoses that bring in the water supply
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
The panel if you had one would be pin nailed in, never been a fan of Forest River when it comes to finding items, they make it so difficult. The only other area I can possibly think of is if you had a gravity fill to fill the tanks, have seen them inside right where the gravity fill enters the wall. Hopefully another expert will chime in... Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing nailed in. Im not happy with Forest River either.....finding information on their products has been very difficult. Its almost 10pm where we are located and have been working several hours trying to fix this issue. As I mentioned earlier we have a trip planned leaving early Thur morning. I believe we will have to see if we can get in to the dealership tomorrow to get this repaired in time.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I could not be more helpful on this, It is a challenge online and with the lack of info Forest River provides makes it frustrating, even if you had a manual it would be generic as they normally cover all models for the towables. IF you like I can request a refund for you, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts. Robert