Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.

While driving my motor home my check transmission light came

Customer Question

While driving my motor home my check transmission light came on and my coach wouldn't shift. My gear selector light showing what gear I'm in was off and my speedometer stopped working. All other gauges worked. I pulled over to check everything but when I shut it off it wouldn't start. I think it is still in gear. How do I get it into neutral so it will start?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The check transmission light comes on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine why it will not start of shift into gear you are going to need to have it scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results , we can work from there to determine the cause.