Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have lost 12V power after I plug in the camper to 120V. I

Customer Question

I have lost 12V power after I plug in the camper to 120V. I can hook the battery up to operate the lights. Is it the power converter? If so where is it located. My daughter bought a 1997 Fleetwood wilderness.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** does sound like the power converter could be at fault, to start I would go to the battery cable, and follow the cable back and make sure you do not have a tripped breaker, below is a picture, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. You also might have more then one, if you see any the voltage should be the same on each side to chassis ground. Most have a small tab that pops out on them when they trip.The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, the stand alone style can be in several areas, I would look under the fridge, stove, behind the breaker panel. IF the Wilderness is a 5th wheel I would look outside near the battery and in all the compartments for a vented panel, if the converter is outside they will have a vented panel. Sorry if this is vauge, the location changes from year to year and model to model. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Breaker that might be inline from converter to battery.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know.... Robert