Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 1983 Pace arrow motor home whose windshield got

Customer Question

I have a 1983 Pace arrow motor home whose windshield got cracked by some kids who thought throwing rocks at vehicles was fun. The glass shop who was going to install the windshield says that perhaps the body has shifted and they don't want to install the glass. I had previously been told that that because the vehicle was old, the gasket would have to be replaced and both windows would have to be removed. Do I need to go to a body shop like the insurance company says? If so where in the neighborhood of San Francisco, CA is there such a place that can install the gasket and the windshield without it leaking?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** would do is call a local RV shop and they should be able to refer you to a business that does RV windshields. At all the shops I have worked at they will sublet the RV windshields out to a company that does mobile repair and have experience working on RV's. SO a RV shop would take the unit in and then have the work done by an outside company, the RV shop would coordinate parts such as the windshield and gasket, most RV shops also have a body shop so if repairs needed to be done it would be taken care off. I would call some larger RV shops in your area and see if they can take care of you....Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know.... Robert