Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

Model number 10hdkc11506c, starts ok then dies, code 36,

Customer Question

Model number 10hdkc11506c, starts ok then dies, code 36, changed fuel filter and air filter. When priming after fuel filter change heard clicking noise, assuming fuel pump, for about 10 seconds of the prime. Started generator, it ran for about 5 minutes then quit, and is doing the same thing: start, run a couple of seconds, then stop. When i prime i dont hear anything at the generator, not sue if i should or not?
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** sounds like this is shutting down for another reason such as overload , low coolant, etc. Bare with me while I see what this code is it is throwing

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have any help for me?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am still awaiting a response. Is anyone working on this issue. My credit card has been charged and all I have heard is "bare with me".

Hi Scarse 48, Sorry for the delay and the mixup. I am glad you replied as I got called out on an emergency call and got pulled away.

ENGINE STOPPED FAULT—CODE NO. 36 (Engine stopped without command by controller) Corrective Action: 1. Gasoline Models - Check and fill the fuel tank, as necessary. (Note: The genset fuel pickup tube is probably higher up in the fuel tank than the vehicle engine pickup.) 2. LPG Models - Check and fill the LPG container, as necessary. On cold days the LPG container may have to be kept at least half full to provide the rate of vaporization necessary to keep up with the genset fuel demand. 3. Secure the spark plug lead on the spark plug. 4. Replace the spark plug. 5. Service the air cleaner 6. Check for mechanical damage.

Let me know the results and if you need more help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dan,I gave you the model number, which should let you know that it is a diesel generator, and I have a similar troubleshooting guide in the owners manual which is specific to the model referenced. I have followed all the procedures in the owners manual: changed fuel filter, checked for fuel and air leaks, changed air filter, etc. I was hoping for better results than a quote from an erroneous data sheet.

When it dies are you losing power to the fuel shutoff solenoid or is there still power there?

Expert:  Hank F. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

You are missing a letter in the model number.

Can you please get me the complete number?

Expert:  Hank F. replied 6 months ago.

Have you gotten the model number yet?