Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

On my fleetwood excursion the inverter will work if the rv

Customer Question

on my fleetwood excursion the inverter will work if the rv is running but won't work if you are using auxillary batteries we had all the batteries changed by the parts store if the batteries are wired wrong could this be the problem are the auxillary batteries wired in parallel
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** if they are 6 volt or 12 volt batteries, the inverter would shut down if the voltage got to low. IF they are 12 volt batteries the cables would be going ground to ground and positive to positive, if they are 6 volt then they would be going neg to pos on each battery. What I also might do is shut the inverter down for a few mins and then turn it back on to see if it resets. I do not have a print of the batteries, the only print I have goes up to 04 and the battery arrangement changed in 05. IF I was in your spot I would get a hold of Fleetwood with your FIN and they should be able to send you a print so you can verify everything. They do have a technical support number, below is the contact info, I have heard positive remarks from other owners that have had to call in. Very possible they mis-wired the cables. Hope this helps some... Robert.Parts, Service & Technical Support***-***-****