Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have. 1991 Dutchman 5th wheel Sits permanently at my lot.

Customer Question

I have. 1991 Dutchman 5th wheel
Sits permanently at my lot.
Rat or mice smell coming from vents.i blew out vents and vacuumed worse smell.
Went outside where fan is a bit dirty but can't find anything.
What do I do
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** need to be real careful with this as they can carry disease, hanti virus. It can make you really sick and if there is urine or droppings in the vent it is going to be impossible to get the smell out without some professional cleaning or replacing the ducting. A fogging machine may work and some professional cleaning companies might be able to do that. The only other way I can think of is to get some fish tape and secure a rag to the fish tape, get some all purpose cleaner spray the rag really good and then fish the tape through through the vents. IF a rat or mice died inside it would have to be removed, sometimes they will even make nests inside the vents. Hope this helps some.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
HI..... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need help on this please let me know... Robert