Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2010 jay co jay flight 32bhds travel trailer with a

Customer Question

I have a 2010 jay co jay flight 32bhds travel trailer with a leak under the bath tub. How do I remove the tub to get to the water lines?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Most of the time you don't have to. Do you think it is from the faucet or the drain or can you tell?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is the hot water line running under tub and T's to bathroom vanity. Cannot see the split.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any help?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...........I had to run to my shop for a service call. I doubt it is the line itself. Most leaks are at a fitting. The lines are pretty durable and will even freeze and not break. I won't say it is impossible, but very unlikely. Sometimes we have to pull in a new line using the old one after we cut it loose. I would try that before taking the tub out as that is a lot of work. Use FlairIt fittings so you don't have to worry about banding them back in. Most shops carry them. Hope that helps. There should be an access from the closet or whatever is on the other side of the tub wall OR one on the face of the tub like a heating vent. In a pinch you can put a hole in there to get to something and add a vent so it looks like factory. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.