Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Only one side of my. Slide will work I broke something I had

Customer Question

Only one side of my. Slide will work I broke something I had a case of water in the floor and when I started in it hit the case of water and stoped the side by the door and I herd something pop now only one side moves in or out
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** to have to access the slide-room and motor and see what gave out, sometimes they will use a sheer pin off the motor if that pin breaks then only one side would move out. I am not sure on the manufacturer of the slideroom but if only one side is moving then it is going to be a component failure. I would try your best to have a look where the motor is and see if everything is connected. IF you have a cable driven slide-room them the cable could have snapped and that would also only cause one side to move out. IF you have a cable system I might have some info on that. I might see if you can push the room in so you can travel, might need a RV shop to have a look at this.... Robert