Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 1997 Coachman 33' Catalina motorhome. How do I

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Coachman 33' Catalina motorhome. How do I manually retract the slide out? Manual says to pump a handle but I can't find it.
Thanks, Dave
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Does this have a DeWald system? Look in one of the storage bays and you should see it. Let me know and I can grab a manual for you that gives you the step by step instruction for this. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I tell?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
The name is ***** ***** the pump motor. Attach a photo of it to your post and I can tell you. Or click on the attached link for the DeWald manual and see if this looks like your system. Keep in mind the manifold and number of hoses are different from coach to coach depending on how many slides it has and if this works the jacks also. Let me know if this is yours and you need more input on the retract. That is described in the manual.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
See page 8 for the manual retract sequence. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well in case you feel that would be more helpful here.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a HWH system
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
There is no way to "pump" that system that I know of. Those you have to release the valve and put a tie strap on the room. Better it get to the reason it won't retract in most cases. I think you might want to call in a mobile tech for some assistance on this. I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something if they can. I have to leave for the afternoon and won't be back until this evening.