peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Air-conditioning does not come on until the temp setting on

Customer Question

Air-conditioning does not come on until the temp setting on the thermostat is down to 55 - 60 degree marks. I have checked all of the connections in the thermostat & in the unit on the indoor side. We thought we had a thermostat problem last season but found a groken wire connection at the end of the thermostat cable at the unit end.
Is there such a thing as calibrating the temp control sensor?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I dont see or know of a procedure myself on calibrating a temp control sensor but if the temp sensor is at fault this will cause this issue here.I have seen several temp sensor failures before on other models in the past that causes an issue like this here with it normally needing replaced.A dealer or authorized repair center can usually check to see if the sensor can be calibrated to correct this fault.They can also test to see if the sensor itself needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where in the sensor located?
I dont show the exact location of this myself but some are located right at the ac evaporater on the assembly to detect the output air flow and some have two of these sensors one at the evaporater (called the evaporater temp sensor) and one in the intake air flow (intake air temp sensor).Once of these at fault can cause this fault here and is most common needing replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete