Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have power on the grill breaker in and out but no power t

Customer Question

We have power on the grill breaker in and out but no power t of the guitar
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We have power to the guitar
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We have power to the GFI system but not the plug ins
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
HI my name is***** is the Year, Make and Model of the RV? Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sprinter 2006 300fkms
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK Just so I am understanding you are missing power to all the outlets? OR just some of them? IS the TV and Microwave working? Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord OR are you plugged in direct with no cords or adapters? Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Follow ups are included, the more info you can provide the better I can assist you... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have power going in and out of the GIF but not the GIF outlets
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK Go around and make sure you do not have another GFI that is hiding, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but sometimes they can also be outside. What I would do next is get a polarity checker and plug it into the no working outlets, the polarity checker will tell you if there is a wiring issue. Most Home Improvement stores carry them for a few dollars. IF that is not possible, I would go to the first no working outlet closest to the GFI and check the connections, work away from the GFI make sure nothing came loose or no wires are touching on each outlet. IF you are using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord please let me know.... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have power going I and out of the GIF but not the GIF outlets
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Did you not see my response??? IF you have a wiring issue after the GFI then I would check each outlet, starting with the one that is near the GFI,.. get a polarity checker and plug it into the outlets, it will tell you if there is a wiring issue going on. Go around and make sure you do not have another GFI that is hiding, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but sometimes they can also be outside. What I would do next is get a polarity checker and plug it into the no working outlets, the polarity checker will tell you if there is a wiring issue. Most Home Improvement stores carry them for a few dollars. IF that is not possible, I would go to the first no working outlet closest to the GFI and check the connections, work away from the GFI make sure nothing came loose or no wires are touching on each outlet. IF you are using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord please let me know.... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I see you have not selected a rating, if you need more help please let me know... Robert