gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

2008 fleetwood discovery hydraulic slideout living area will

Customer Question

2008 fleetwood discovery hydraulic slideout living area will not retract abanonded vehicle
need to tow but cant with slide out no batteries or ac power how can i retract manually
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.
I am trying to understand this question here. The slideout is out and there are no batteries in the vehicle or AC power available. Is this correct? This is an "abandoned" vehicle? So can't you install some batteries so the slide will work or at least jump the motor on the slide so you can move it in? That would be much easier than trying to move it manually. If I don't have this correct, please explain. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has batteries but totally dead how do I jump the motor on the slide out I have no AC power have tried charging butt killed the generator I have no idea what I'm doing I do not have keys to the vehicle
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They won't put it on the flatbed until the slide out is in
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am totally clueless
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have gone underneath the vehicle and seen the motor I have watched several videos on how to retract but it doesn't seem like any of those videos apply towards this slide
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was just one of those mobile battery chargers not strong enough
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.
Find the pump assy and use some jumper cables to get power directly to the motor on the slide. That should allow you to retact it. OR you can open up the valves and push it in with 2 or 3 people. And no on the battery charger. A fairly large 12 VDC battery fully charged.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where would be the control button for the slide to slide it in or out once I connect or jump the pump
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not need to keys for the ignition or anything to do that
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I sound like an idiot but have no experience with RVs
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.
Take a mobile tech out with you and he can get this in for you. Be sure he fully understands the situation.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your help I think I'll try pushing it in first
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have already disconnected all of the hoses and lines to the pump
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.
It can be a big job even for two persons...........