Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

The slide out/in on my 2004 Keystone Springdale RV trailer,

Customer Question

The slide out/in on my 2004 Keystone Springdale RV trailer, Model 268BH, will not completely close. When about six inches from fully closed it makes a chattering sound and stops moving. The trailer is on uneaven ground, but has been leveled with scissor jacks on front and back. Any help?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
If the slide room is any kind of a twist from being out of level it can so this. Also if it isn't being lubricated on a regular basis on both the wiper seals and rails. Take a look around the edges and see if perhaps it needs some adjustment. The spacing on the top and both sides needs to be about the same and sometimes these aren't properly aligned at the dealership. If you only have one battery that is going to make this condition worse. Many dealers only install one to save money, but you need two good Deep Cycle batteries to have a slideout properly powered up. Also check to see if the room isn't tracking correctly. The distance on each side to the trailer wall should be within 1/4" of being the same when measure at the same height on each side. Those would be things to check first. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have read your answer but will not have time to implement suggestions for about two weeks. I will contact you on this later.Stan
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Not a problem...........just Bookmark this and you can come right back to it again. No time limit here.