Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I recently puchased a kz I have little to mo pressure in the

Customer Question

I recently puchased a kz I have little to mo pressure in the sinks and my pimp never shyts off I have replaced the pymp and I was told my toilet was leaking so I replaced that also but I am still having the same problem. I am hours away from the nearest rv place ro take it in
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** could have a leak at some point, what I would do is cap the outlet on the pump and then turn the pump on and see if it shuts off, if it continues to run then I would be looking for a loose fitting on the inlet side of the pump, if a fitting was slightly loose it may not leak but could suck air, when it sucks air the pump will continue to run. IF you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are also shut, have seen some issues where if the valves are open the water can just circulate and the pump might not shut down. The toilet was a good guess as if the toilet valve failed the water could run and the pump not shut off. Check the valves on the water heater as well, make sure they are in the proper position most will have a hot, cold and bypass, the hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed, valve handle against the pipe. I would start by capping the outlet on the pump and try to isolate it some more. Hope this helps some... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I see you have not selected a rating, if you need more help please let me know... Robert