Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a girard-2 instant hot water heater and it shows a E1

Customer Question

i have a girard-2 instant hot water heater and it shows a E1 code. I've checked and can see the ignitor sparking but no flame. it seems there is no gas getting to unit. Everything else gas related in the rv works fine. What can I do?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Ship it back to Girard and get your money back! These are nothing but cheap junk............sorry, but I have never seen one work correctly for more than a few minutes. The LP pressure and water pressure have to be just perfect and maintained that way. I have a brand new one if my shop that they couldn't fix and told me to just keep it! The only good instant hot water heater on the market is one made by PrecisionTemp and I am adding a link to that site. You might get some help from Girard, but most don't. I see this question all too often here. Sorry that wasn't good news! Please get back to me if you need more input from me as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?