Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Potable water tank filled no water flow

Customer Question

Potable water tank filled no water flow
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is***** is the Year, Make and Model of the RV?IS the pump turning on?Did you check the valve positions for the hot water heater?The more detailed info you provide the better I can assist you.Robert
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2012 Rockwood Freedom. Not a fuse, checked that. No to valve positions. I will look at those. Didn't want to turn the water heater on just in case there's no water inside it. Pump not on or making sounds. Always used city connect. Never used tank. No dirty tank on this unit. Little shower and kitchen sink inside.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is the next step?
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.
Sorry I can not do a phone service at this time, however another expert might. I can help you in this format.IF the pump is not coming on then I would check for voltage at the pump, if you have no voltage then it has to be a fuse or latching relay issue. IF the voltage is low under 10.5 volts the pump may not work. IF you have voltage at the pump and it is not turning on then the pump most likely has failed. IF you have more then one water pump switch then you would have a latching relay, this is where the wires from the switch go and then to the pump. That relay is normally near the pump but not always, go to the water pump and follow the positive wire and see if there is an inline fuse in a plastic fuse older, sometimes they will stick one near the pump it would be 18" from the pump.Robert
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Way over my head and I am camping. No measure device or skill. It has ever been turned on before. Changed direction of a vow of a valve on the line at the hot water tank, it separated the hot from Coldwater if the red is hotline and blue is cold line. I just wanted to try to get the water flowing from the cold control at the sink then was going to try to heat the water because I think the water tank is supposed to fill before Turning the heat on with gas
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No other fuse on red electronic wire from pump. It looks brand-new
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.
OK Normally on the back of the water heater you would have a hot, cold and bypass. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle against the pipe. IF you are using the water pump and it is not turning ON then the water heater will not fill, it should fill on city water. To tell if there is water in the water heater go to the outside access panel for the water heater, you will see a brass valve with a handle, lift up on that and you should get water coming out. IF you are dry camping and can not hook into city water I am afraid without the pump coming on you are going to have no water supply.... You are correct you must have water in the water heater before turning it on.....Just double check on the inlet of the pump there is not a shut off valve. Crack the inlet and make sure there is water getting to the pump.Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.
HI, I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please feel free to contact me... Robert