gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I just purchased a used motorhome equipped with a Xantrex

Customer Question

I just purchased a used motorhome equipped with a Xantrex XM1000 inverter that is inop.
The remote panel is mounted away from the unit and I can't get behind it to check the plug in without tearing out a wall panel. I have checked that the DC connections are good and the AC in and out in the front are good. The circuit breaker is good. The remote does not power up so I'm guessing it's toast. I have pulled the remote out of the mounting plate and see screws on the back of the unit. Is there anything inside that would give me a clue ( other that burned wires ?) Thinking I need a new remote head ?
Thanks much.
Jerry in Montana
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Be sure that the large DC fuse on the incoming power leads isn't blown. That would be the first place to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that's the large wafer type fuse (1/2" X 2") located near the battery tray, It's okay. I keep coming back to the remotely located control head. Found a replacement on eBay and may get it so I can plug it into the front of the unit. As it is now, no power to the head !??? They talk about an ignition switch disconnect, I don't understand that concept.Jerry
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Some may have an integral switch that causes it to be disconnected when the ignition is on. That would not be very common. Do you have the manual for this? It should work without the remote.