Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The kitchen sink in my 1998 Jayco trailer has stopped

Customer Question

The kitchen sink in my 1998 Jayco trailer has stopped working. I used it this morning and it suddenly stopped working. The sink in the bathroom works fine still.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What's the process to figure out the issue?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Please explain further what "stopped working" means here. No water or won't drain?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No water coming out of the faucet when the handles are turned. I already messed up yhr question twice. I forgot to ask it in the first send ha
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Unscrew the end off the faucet and see if it is plugged up with sand or lime. Turn it off first. If that isn't it, you may have some debris on the inlet side and that would usually require taking the faucet assy off. Let me know if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure exactly what the faucet assembly yes but I took apart the actual faucet and it must be something further down the line than that
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
It may be on the inlet side where the water lines attach. Most faucet assys have a screen in there as well to help protect the parts in the valves. You would have to take the whole assy out to see in that case.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where can I find a diagram or instructions on how to do that?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure there will be, but Google "Kitchen faucet repair" or something similar. I can look when I get home later from the shop.