Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Oil pressure too high, Gage pegs JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

oil pressure too high, Gage pegs
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Cummings 330 engine, oil pressure is too high.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just ordered another gage that goes up to 150 psi
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: Runs great, just took a trip from Georgia to Ill. No problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** could actually be the oil sender that sends that info to the gauge, what you need to know is the oil pressure sensor has to match the dash gauge, you can not throw any gauge in as it may not work for you. The engine manufacturer installs the sending unit and the RV manufacturer will match the gauge up with the sender. So what I might do is call a Cummins Coach Care and give them your engine serial number and they can tell you or get you the oil sending unit, it will have an ohm rating and the gauge needs to match that to read correctly, the sending unit will be on the side of the engine passenger side, it will screw into the engine block and have a connector going to it..... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert