Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have 1999 Bounder motorhome that has an electrical problem.

Customer Question

I have 1999 Bounder motorhome that has an electrical problem. Recently, the running lights and the low beams have failed. The high beams still work. I think that it is a blown fuse but I don't know where the fuse box is on this vehicle. Can you assist me in this?
Dan Tupper
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** this a Chevy or Ford?Robert
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's on a Ford Triton V10 chassis.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
OK Normally you will have two fuse boxes, one that ford will install and one that the RV builder will install that will have some chassis and house related fuses in it. That RV builder battery box is normally outside under the front engine access right at the floor line, inside that box will be fuses, breakers and possibly some solenoids. The Ford fuse box should be under the drivers instrument panel, normally the cover for the instrument panel will swing up or you will have a few screws to remove and it comes off. It will be up high and should see it when you get the dash cover off. Get a 12 volt test light, turn the ignition ON and probe each fuse for power, a test light will allow you to quickly probe each fuse and see which ones have power and which ones do not. Should be a bolt on the steering column you can use for ground on the test light, or at least that is what I have always used, probe each fuse, Ignition switch ON. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me,... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
HI, I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know.... Robert