peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2015 Catalina Coachmen with living area slideout that

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Catalina Coachmen with living area slideout that is jammed haldway out. It appears that the manual rod that protrudes from the side for tha ability to move manually actually sheared off and was laying on the ground and some brackets underneath are bent. HELP!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just collected the broken pieces
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: Prior to the issue I did try out the manual moving to see if ti worked but may not have put it back in all the way - would this cause the breakage?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The shaft attached to the motor along with the motor moves when attempting to move slide in and out. See photo
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. It definitely looks like some components are damaged here causing this fault.This will have to be inspected further by a repair facility most likely to see what all has been damaged and what needs done to correct the damaged components from there.I suspect a component was bent when this was operated which may have damaged the other components and there may be several components that would need replaced.You will have to have this inspected further to be sure of the damage and repaired from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete