peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

2000 imperial. Dash fan quit working on road all of a sudden

Customer Question

2000 imperial. Dash fan quit working on road all of a sudden and same is brand new. 15 amp fuse is good and has voltage. Have no power to fan. Took dash panel off and can't find 12v on either selector for fan or fan speed. All of this with ignition switch on. Is there something between the fuse and the dash switches? Dont have wiring diagram.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I would check for any damaged or shorted wiring leading from the fuse panel into the dash and to the dash control/fan control switches.If any issues are found they will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or has been checked already let me know so we can continue.A broken or loose wire from the fuse panel to the blower fan switch can cause this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I knew all that you said already. Power at the fuse but no power at the switch is pretty obvious as I have a fluke meter. I have no clue if 1) there is another fuse inline 2) if the wiring goes thru another switch before to the fan switch or 3) where the wiring goes once it leaves the fuse panel as I have no schematic. At best I am left with tearing the dashboard apart with no clue which wires I am looking for as there are many behind the selector switch and the fan speed switch. And you have already charged me another $24 for your answer that does not help.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself but others here may be able to help further.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete