Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Dometic RM2652 in my travel trailer. Seems to have

Customer Question

I have a Dometic RM2652 in my travel trailer.
Seems to have power but when I switch it on it keeps switching over to check light and nothing happens.
Same when I try it on the propance option.
I can hear a click like something is trying to light but then nothing.
Where do I turn?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** you are plugged into power and the fridge is in Auto it should be running on AC power, if you were to loose the AC power it would switch over to LP, if it does not light off on LP you will get the check light and that could be a number of reasons. Go outside to the access panel and locate the burner tube it sits below the electrode or what sparks, get an air nozzle and blow that out really good, sometimes bugs or debris can get into the burner tube and you might not get ignition. Make sure your LP is also turned ON, as the electrode sparks you should hear a click from the gas valve. I am going to give you a service manual that should help, you want to follow the troubleshooting for the "check" light... Click HERE for that, it will be a PDF file. Make sure the DC voltage or battery voltage is good as well, that is what allows the fridge to actually turn on and run, if the voltage was low it could still turn on but not work properly.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know, follow ups are included.Robert