Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

The onan generator or the Ford V10 engine will not start

Customer Question

the onan generator or the Ford V10 engine will not start
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Do they turn over and just not start or just not turning over either. IF the latter, you need to check the battery disconnect solenoid switches. The batteries may be "out of the loop" or they may be dead and need a good charge or replacement. Please include the year, make and model of your coach when you respond if you need more input and assistance from me. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They turn over but do not start. There is gas in the tank. It acts like neither one is getting gas. Like a blockage but I couldn't find the fuel filter.Thank you so much for response. Larry
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Is this just the generator or both? How long has it been since they were running?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Both. Its been about 3 or 4 months maybe a little longer.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
It doesn't take very long for the gas today to go bad. There is a fuel filter on both the generator and the Ford. I suspect you might want to drain the gas out and put new in as part of this. I have to leave for a few hours for a Service Call. I can opt out of this if you need more help right away.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?