Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My hydro flame heater will not work when the temp gets below

Customer Question

My hydro flame heater will not work when the temp gets below 40 degrees. Nothing happens at all. The fan doesn't even come on. I set up an electric space heater blowing into the heater grill, and in less than 1 minute it started up and ran normally. I just had a new circuit board installed.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** it should be the time delay relay, on the relay you will have a constant hot, a hot going to the blower motor, a ground and voltage from the thermostat. So when you turn the thermostat ON you should have voltage on the wire from the thermostat and then voltage on the wire going to fan motor. IF you do not have voltage on the wire from the thermostat then it is the problem, if you have voltage on the thermostat wire to the relay delay but not on the wire going to the blower motor the relay delay is bad, you should be able to jump the constant hot at the relay to the motor lead and the fan should kick on, hope that makes sense. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know.... Robert