gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

1999 Minnie Winnie. Somehow water has leaked into the forward

Customer Question

1999 Minnie Winnie. Somehow water has leaked into the forward storage cap, possibly froze during the winter and caused the vinyl to pop out of the strip which extends from side to side just over the windshield. The leak may be at the clearance lights.
I just purchased this unit last summer with no accompanying history. The leak must have been a problem for years as the plywood base inside the storage area is rotted.
I have a body shop/garage and many tools. In the business over 30 years. Looking for some guidance to remove the front vinyl roofing just enough to repair the interior, replace it, properly seal it, and best sealants to use.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Please attach a photo of the area affected and I can direct you further here. We do this sort of repair in my shop all the time, but I want to see yours first.