Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Can a 2006 Saab 9-3 manual transmission be towed with an Winnebago

Customer Question

Can a 2006 Saab 9-3 manual transmission be towed with an Winnebago RV?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** order to help you on this I need the model of the Winnebago, want to make sure you are within the weight limits, after your response it might take me a few mins to respond as I have to look up the specs on the vehicle and the RV.... Robert
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a 2003 Winnebago Sightseer.
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
OK Let me check into this... Robert
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank You!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would it be easier to just get a two wheel car tower since I have front wheel drive?
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
OK Showing the RV has a 5K towing capacity and the saab range is 3,175 to 3,550 so you should be good on weight. I am also showing the manual transmission can be towed, click HERE to view. Few things on this, you will need a good tow bar and the wiring from the tow vehicle to RV will need to be wired, it will matter if the RV and tow vehicle have combined or separate brake lighting, many times you have to add a diode kit for that. I would strongly recommend letting a RV shop install the tow bar and vehicle bracket and confirm the wiring, for all that it is about 6 hours of labor. The automatic can not be flat towed, only the manual transmission.. Hope this helps some... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Hi... I see you have not selected a rating, do you still need more help on this, if so please let me know.Robert