Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

My domestic model(###) ###-####032. Thermostat will not turn on

Customer Question

My domestic model(###) ###-####032. Thermostat will not turn on the furnace or a/c. It stopped working during the night which it got down to 25 degrees. i reset my circuit breakers
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Did you check the fuse in the main load center? You will need a 12 VDC test light or a small digital multimeter for some testing here to track down the problem if the fuse is good.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know if you received my two email responses but the furnace will work except it causes my refrigerator check light to come on even if the refrigerator is in the auto mode so that it is running on AC. If the furnace is off and the refrigerator is in the gas mode the blower will work but the gas does not ignite, it doesn't heat up and the blower stops after a little bit.I have used the refrigerator and furnace at the same time before
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
This is probably a low voltage issue on the DC circuits due to either a bad battery or failing converter. Easy enough to check with a meter. Most places that sell batteries can load test them for you. If they are over 3 years old there is a good chance they are toast. Dirty cable connections can cause this as well.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I replaced the battery 2 years ago. Checking just the voltage on the battery it reads 11.69.
I have had the interior lights seem dim at times when plugged into AC though today they seem normal if that is an indicator of something. Can I check my converter?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
A good reading at the battery when the battery and converter are both good is about 13.7 VDC. The furnace won't run when it gets to about 11.5 VDC. I would have the battery load tested to be sure it is good and check the water level as that may be too low. Then take a DC voltage reading AT the battery and AT the load center. The converter may be bad.