Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2003 Adventurer W33 Gas Engine-Will not start after being driven

Customer Question

2003 Adventurer W33 Gas Engine-Will not start after being driven 20 miles first time this season. Got this error code: NO J1850 ACTIVITY.
What does this mean please?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** bus is a data communications circuit used to send information to the dash gauge cluster from the engine and/or trans. computers. This information is typically vehicle speed, engine temp., oil pressure, engine speed, fuel level, etc., all the items needed for the gauges to display their readings and the trip computer to make its calculations. If for some reason the data circuit is open or shorted, the message you saw will appear on the dash. It basically means the dash cluster is not receiving the info.Check your battery voltage, as low voltage can cause issues, disconnect the battery for about 10 mins and then see if it resets, beyond that I would have a mobile service come and pull codes to see if anything is active, that might help narrow it down some...Hope this helps some... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know... Robert