Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I just replaced my Atwood water heater in my 340 Searay. All

Customer Question

I just replaced my Atwood water heater in my 340 Searay. All seems to be hooked up properly but I am not getting consistent hot water. It will run cold, then get warm and then get cold again. Any ideas? Does the unit need to be primed before starting it? I have run several gallons through the unit without any improvement.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
That is a common complaint with that unit. Bad design and it won't give consistent performance. Many give up on that after trying to get it to work correctly. The LP pressure and the water pressure have to be just perfect and absolutely consistent. I would go to one made by PrecisionTemp as that is the only one I have found to be any good and reliable. I am attaching a link to their site. About $1,200 or so. Sorry that wasn't good news, but in my shop this is the only one I have found that you can trust to give good performance.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?