Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

We have a Suburban SF42 FQ furnace. It will run the entire

Customer Question

We have a Suburban SF42 FQ furnace. It will run the entire cycle and bring the heat up to what is called for and shut down. It will then not start back u[ when called for. We have to manually shut the unit off at the thermostat to get it to go back on. We have already replaced the thermostat and that did not make a difference. Our trailer is a 2012 Keystone Retreat
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, my husband is an HVAC guy
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: we replaced the thermostat and that did not work. Checked all the fuses and they are fine. Plenty of gas as well.Any other suggestions?
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
This can be caused by several things. One thing to check is if the thermostat leads are wired up backwards on the thermostat. Some models it does make a difference. Try that first and let me know what happens. Other things that can cause this are a bad limit switch or control board. Get back to me if you still need to dig deeper into this and we can resolve this. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?